You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leaving family shared family icloud storage

What happens to my data when I leave a family shared storage plan? Will I lose any data? Will I have the opportunity to purchase my own icloud storage plan?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 7:10 AM

See:

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

If your family stops sharing storage or you leave Family Sharing

If you leave a family that shares an iCloud storage plan and you're using more than 5GB of storage, you have 28 days to buy your own plan.

If you choose not to buy your own plan and the content that you’re storing in iCloud exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos won’t upload to iCloud Photos, files will no longer upload in iCloud Drive, and your iOS devices will stop backing up.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2020 7:10 AM in response to Communities_User1

See:

Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

If your family stops sharing storage or you leave Family Sharing

If you leave a family that shares an iCloud storage plan and you're using more than 5GB of storage, you have 28 days to buy your own plan.

If you choose not to buy your own plan and the content that you’re storing in iCloud exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos won’t upload to iCloud Photos, files will no longer upload in iCloud Drive, and your iOS devices will stop backing up.

Good luck!

Leaving family shared family icloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.