You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail not syncing with Gmail or iCloud mail

I have 2 computers, an iPhone and an iPad. The MacOS recently automatically upgraded to Catalina OS 10.15.6. Mail works fine on my MacBook Pro laptop and on my iOS devices. Mail on my MacMini, however is not right. It receives and sends mail. However, when I read and/or delete an email on it, it does not sync with the other devices. (It works in reverse, however). At the bottom of the mail screen it reads that it is moving X messages. Right now the number is up to 27. Help!

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 10:23 AM

Hi mikel31556,

Thanks for your post! We understand that deleting an email from your Mac mini does not delete the message on your other devices. Make sure that account is set up as an IMAP account.

Change Server Settings in Mail on Mac

If the issue persists, try removing the account from your Mac mini then add the account back.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2020 10:23 AM in response to mikel31556

Hi mikel31556,

Thanks for your post! We understand that deleting an email from your Mac mini does not delete the message on your other devices. Make sure that account is set up as an IMAP account.

Change Server Settings in Mail on Mac

If the issue persists, try removing the account from your Mac mini then add the account back.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

mail not syncing with Gmail or iCloud mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.