You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally placed Photos app in the Trash. How do I undo it?

I am a new user to Mac. I was trying to place the "Photos Library.photoslibrary" in the finder. However, I wasn't satisfied by just seeing it under the Picture Folder. I wanted the photos in it to be seen. I was thinking that maybe putting it to the trash, it will go back to how it is. But later did I realize I was deleting it so I immediately cancelled moving it to trash. But I wasn't able to open it anymore even though I cancelled moving it. How do you resolve this? By the way, I haven't emptied my trash and I don't have any backup

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 8:15 AM

What does the Photos Library in the Pictures folder look like? Does the library still show the icon with the fan of three pictures and the rainbow coloured flower?

Has the size of the Photos Library changed?

Try to open the Photos Library in the Pictures folder by double clicking it in the Pictures folder. Can Photos it open then?

If not, the library may have become damaged by moving it to the Trash and interrupting the move.

You could try to repair it:

See: Repair the library

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2020 8:15 AM in response to iallenah

What does the Photos Library in the Pictures folder look like? Does the library still show the icon with the fan of three pictures and the rainbow coloured flower?

Has the size of the Photos Library changed?

Try to open the Photos Library in the Pictures folder by double clicking it in the Pictures folder. Can Photos it open then?

If not, the library may have become damaged by moving it to the Trash and interrupting the move.

You could try to repair it:

See: Repair the library

Accidentally placed Photos app in the Trash. How do I undo it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.