You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my computer is being hacked and reconfigured my apple agents

when this computer was new last year the 3rd video I watched on YouTube surprised me when my screen opened in the center and a remote software viewer installed itself in my screen. it even listed the model # and other info about the viewer. (I did not write info down) I was told by several content creators that when I watch their content the can see me during the video. you tube has provided special unspecified tools to many creators allowing them to monitor certain viewers ( like me ) while that viewer is watching their content.. some names of programs I did not authorize to be uploaded are : wirelessradiomanagered 444 KB 400 root... SPINDUMPlc. operative report pathology sticker sheet implant log com.apple.AVKit output device menu service... endpoint has been activated through Legacy launch (3) the log says no info found for legacy launch this machine. REMCD change tracking state.. ARDA agent system core services/ remote management visual support agent. AVIGILON control center client user guide standard viewer secure DOC Express.. and many many more. any advice for me please. sincerely darryl (aka Rockihff)

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:54 AM

Nothing can be installed on your computer without action to install it by you.

macOS - Security - Apple

Set up your Mac to be secure - Apple Support

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

I suggest you start up your computer in safe mode as a troubleshooting step.

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2020 7:54 AM in response to rockihff

Nothing can be installed on your computer without action to install it by you.

macOS - Security - Apple

Set up your Mac to be secure - Apple Support

Effective defenses against malware and ot… - Apple Community

I suggest you start up your computer in safe mode as a troubleshooting step.

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

Aug 22, 2020 1:59 PM in response to rockihff

Don't go reading the logs in the Console app. Those logs are no longer useful for troubleshooting macOS issues. The log entries can appear quite scary and completely unintelligible except to the actual developer of the app. Plus with recent versions of macOS those logs have been completely sanitized to remove any remaining useful information under the guise of protecting personal information.

If you are concerned about having installed some malicious software or having provided another user access to your Mac, then I suggest you backup your data and perform a clean install of macOS by first erasing the drive before reinstalling macOS. Then just manually transfer your data to a new user account. Then start practicing safe computing habits by being very careful to the websites you visit and clicking on links on websites and within emails. Limit the apps you download and install. Whenever you are prompted for your admin password, it is a reminder that you should stop and think about what you are doing.

Aug 23, 2020 2:51 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I want to thank you for taking time for the response and ideas that will most likely help me.. The phrases I listed were all in use in the activity monitor. some were listed as 3rd party associate. I have never knowingly downloaded an app. but apple has reconfigured this machine twice now without my knowledge during one of their famous updates. a clean install with good security following I hope will do it..

my computer is being hacked and reconfigured my apple agents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.