You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my Wireless HP OfficeJet 5740 on my MacBook Pro?

How do I connect my Wireless HP OfficeJet 5740 on my MacBook Pro? Here's the problem I just did a fresh install of MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 and for some reason now I can't get my wireless printer to connect to my computer. I've checked to make sure there on exactly the same Wi-fi networks and they are, I tried repairing the Hard drive using disk utility to since Permissions can be an issue and that didn't do anything. The only time it does recognize my computer is if I connect the printer and computer with an HP printer cable. Plus I know that a printer can't be wired and wireless at the same time. I never had this issue before, plus I need a solution, I depend on my computer to do my school work. So how do I get the computer to recognize the printer and connect them wirelessly? Please help thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 2:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
1 reply

How do I connect my Wireless HP OfficeJet 5740 on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.