You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete app from cloud on ipad

instruction on how to delete iPad app from the cloud

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 5:33 PM

You can’t delete an app from iCloud. Apps are not store in iCloud. Your purchase history is stored in your iCloud backup so that your apps will download hen you restore an iCloud backup.

I’m making an assumption here. I think what you are trying to do is to remove all traces of the app like in the case of deleting a game to start all over again. Apple claims that when you delete an app, you delete its data as well, but that seems to not always be the case.

You can try removing the app from your list of apps that backup in iCloud. Settings>your name>iCloud>Manage Storage. Find the app in the list tap on it. In the next screen tap on Delete documents and data. Then delete the app from your device. Backup your device and the download the app again and see if that removes all traces of the app.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2020 5:33 PM in response to Tracy TS

You can’t delete an app from iCloud. Apps are not store in iCloud. Your purchase history is stored in your iCloud backup so that your apps will download hen you restore an iCloud backup.

I’m making an assumption here. I think what you are trying to do is to remove all traces of the app like in the case of deleting a game to start all over again. Apple claims that when you delete an app, you delete its data as well, but that seems to not always be the case.

You can try removing the app from your list of apps that backup in iCloud. Settings>your name>iCloud>Manage Storage. Find the app in the list tap on it. In the next screen tap on Delete documents and data. Then delete the app from your device. Backup your device and the download the app again and see if that removes all traces of the app.

How to delete app from cloud on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.