You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black bar at bottom of mail app

my email display started showing a black bar across the bottom, so the displayed list of emails is effectively shorter. the display is fine when I first open the mail app, then it shrinks up from the bottom pretty quickly, leaving a black space at the bottom.

have seen a similar issue posted before but their fix doesn’t work for me as I have no drafts in progress.

thanks.

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 2:04 AM

MarieAurelie Said:

"Black bar at bottom of mail app: my email display started showing a black bar across the bottom, so the displayed list of emails is effectively shorter. the display is fine when I first open the mail app, then it shrinks up from the bottom pretty quickly, leaving a black space at the bottom. have seen a similar issue posted before but their fix doesn’t work for me as I have no drafts in progress. thanks."

-------

Did you Look here?: Black bar across bottom of mail display - Apple Community

Restart the iPhone - then It should go back to reading "New Message" for when you want to create drafts or have some to be completed.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2020 2:04 AM in response to MarieAurelie

MarieAurelie Said:

"Black bar at bottom of mail app: my email display started showing a black bar across the bottom, so the displayed list of emails is effectively shorter. the display is fine when I first open the mail app, then it shrinks up from the bottom pretty quickly, leaving a black space at the bottom. have seen a similar issue posted before but their fix doesn’t work for me as I have no drafts in progress. thanks."

-------

Did you Look here?: Black bar across bottom of mail display - Apple Community

Restart the iPhone - then It should go back to reading "New Message" for when you want to create drafts or have some to be completed.

Aug 23, 2020 12:43 AM in response to MarieAurelie

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images / pictures speak louder than words. (Do not provide any personal credentials, such as email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable. etc)

Black bar at bottom of mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.