You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my notes in icloud disappeared

All of my notes disappeared in iCloud- how can i restore it

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 1:34 AM

If you have set your Notes to be saved on iCloud, then you may be able to recover your deleted notes via iCloud.com website or iDevice or computer. You can view your deleted notes in Recently Deleted Folder.

Since, I do not know what device you are using, I'll direct you to the iCloud.com website.

1. Visit https://www.icloud.com/ on your computer browser.
  2. Log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
  3. All your files on iCloud backup will be displayed. Click on“Notes”.
  4. On the left sidebar, Click Recently Deleted Folder
  5. Here are the notes that have been deleted in the past 30 days.
  6. You'll have to recover each note individually, so select each one that you want to recover.
  7. Open the each Note, and on the top, click the Recover button, for it to be put back in its original folder.

The recovered notes will also be recovered on all devices that are connected to iCloud.

If this does not work (no Notes were saved in iCloud) and you have taken a backup of your iDevice on your computer via iTunes, you may be able to recover some notes from your iTunes Backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2020 1:34 AM in response to TulipSong

If you have set your Notes to be saved on iCloud, then you may be able to recover your deleted notes via iCloud.com website or iDevice or computer. You can view your deleted notes in Recently Deleted Folder.

Since, I do not know what device you are using, I'll direct you to the iCloud.com website.

1. Visit https://www.icloud.com/ on your computer browser.
  2. Log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID.
  3. All your files on iCloud backup will be displayed. Click on“Notes”.
  4. On the left sidebar, Click Recently Deleted Folder
  5. Here are the notes that have been deleted in the past 30 days.
  6. You'll have to recover each note individually, so select each one that you want to recover.
  7. Open the each Note, and on the top, click the Recover button, for it to be put back in its original folder.

The recovered notes will also be recovered on all devices that are connected to iCloud.

If this does not work (no Notes were saved in iCloud) and you have taken a backup of your iDevice on your computer via iTunes, you may be able to recover some notes from your iTunes Backup.

All my notes in icloud disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.