You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to reset the passcode from my other phone that shares my Apple ID. I didn’t back up my phone and I have important stuff on it

my iPhone X is disabled but is connected to my other phone . Is there a way to reset the passcode from my phone? I haven’t backed up the phone and have a lot of important stuff on there

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 12:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 1:03 PM

No. It doesn’t work that way. This isn’t the only way to get back into the phone.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

You really should back up. It is so easy to do and there really isn’t any justifiable reason not to.

3 replies

Aug 23, 2020 2:02 PM in response to Jamielouise1982

Unfortunately, yes. However, any content that you sync with iCloud will remain in iCloud and can be downloaded to the phone once you have set it up again.

What I mean is that if you use apps like Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Documents By Readdle, and any apps that sync content with iCloud, you can download that data again. If you use Reminders, Notes, Contacts, and the Calendar with iCloud, you can download that content again when you turn the switches on again after signing into iCloud. Settings>Your name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud. Any of the apps that you have enabled in there will allow the data to download again.

Is there a way to reset the passcode from my other phone that shares my Apple ID. I didn’t back up my phone and I have important stuff on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.