You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now that I have backed up my old IPhone, how do I load this data onto my new IPhone?

How to load backups onto new IPhone?

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 11:37 AM

I assume that you are backing up with iCloud, so this will tell you how to set up the phone using the iCloud backup.

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Essentially, you have to start from scratch on the new phone meaning that if you have already set it up, you have to erase it in the settings to start over, then restore the iCloud backup when presented with the option to do so. If you have the set it up yet, just turn it on and follow the prompts.

If you backed up with iTunes, this explains what to do.

Use iTunes or Finder to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2020 11:37 AM in response to BoatBuddies

I assume that you are backing up with iCloud, so this will tell you how to set up the phone using the iCloud backup.

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Essentially, you have to start from scratch on the new phone meaning that if you have already set it up, you have to erase it in the settings to start over, then restore the iCloud backup when presented with the option to do so. If you have the set it up yet, just turn it on and follow the prompts.

If you backed up with iTunes, this explains what to do.

Use iTunes or Finder to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Now that I have backed up my old IPhone, how do I load this data onto my new IPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.