You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone does not ring.

My iphone 8 plus will not ring. I see that in the Do Not Disturb tab there is a silence tab and it has two options silence always and silence when phone is locked. I don't want either of these two options. I want my phone to ring! Please help!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 11:51 AM

If Do Not Disturb is not turned on, it doesn't matter which if those two options is selected.

Some other things to check:

The ring/silent switch on the left side of the phone. See: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2020 11:51 AM in response to LindaMayB

If Do Not Disturb is not turned on, it doesn't matter which if those two options is selected.

Some other things to check:

The ring/silent switch on the left side of the phone. See: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Phone does not ring.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.