You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one preview music other than paying $9.99?

Pre-Catalina it was possible to preview songs for 1:30 before deciding to buy it. That was handy feature to make sure you got the version you were looking for.

When I try that now I am asked to pay $9.99 a month to join Apple Music. I cannot find a way to preview any music. What am I missing?

I know that Apple needs money, because having more cash on hand than any other company on Earth is not enough, but this seems a tad greedy. Even for Apple. If the cost of music were reduced I could understand that, but I see many songs have gone up from $.99 to $1.29 so other than the "privilege of making uncle Tim richer" I just don't understand. I realize he needs a new super yacht and corpora jet fleet to get around the world and be famous...

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 4:43 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Aug 28, 2020 10:32 AM in response to Martin Gallo

Martin,

The new Kansas album -- "The Absence of Presence," released June 26, 2020 -- popped right up in a search, and the 90 second previews played just fine. Ditto Blue Oyster Cult "45th Anniversary - Live in London," which was released August 7, 2020. See clips below. I am using the iTunes Store, USA; availability may vary on other countries. If you still have an issue finding and previewing what you are looking for, pls post back with specifics.

Aug 28, 2020 9:56 AM in response to ed2345

Thanks.

Try the new Blue Oyster Cult Live in London - Old guy music for sure. Maybe Music is a millennial only app? (please see the attempt at humor).

There is also the new Kansas album.

Really anything you find by searching - Straying beyond what Apple thinks you want is where the problem is. So far Apple's recommendations have been pretty far off the mark.

Aug 29, 2020 3:23 PM in response to Martin Gallo

Martin Gallo wrote:

Well, that solved it! Thanks you.

Isn't that just horrid design? I selected iTunes Sore and then searched. I would never even have thought to look at that!

Martin,

You are quite welcome. Yup, they don't make it easy. But anyway, you can still -- for the time being -- preview and purchase tracks without an AM subscription. Enjoy the music!

Ed.

How does one preview music other than paying $9.99?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.