You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the screen on my iphone x not working

The screen on my iPhone x is not working therefore not allowing me to restart. Any ideas on another method to restart my iphonex?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 5:50 PM

This is apparently isolated to the new IOS updates 14 and 14.0.1.. as soon as I got the update my phone started to go berserk, camera would not work on a few apps and then phone started to just stop working after all. I took my phone to Apple, after concluding there was no water damage and nothing I personally did wrong, they proceeeded to tell me it was a hardware issue that “they couldn’t do anything about” and that they would charge me $549 to replace. I obviously refused, being that I paid $1,200 for an iPhone X and having no prior issues besides the new update, this was just ridiculous!

I am now the fourth individual I personally know, that owns an iPhone X and their phone crashed after the new IOS 14.0.1 update and spent money replacing their perfectly working phone (before the update) to replace it for an iPhone 11.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2020 5:50 PM in response to TMac42

This is apparently isolated to the new IOS updates 14 and 14.0.1.. as soon as I got the update my phone started to go berserk, camera would not work on a few apps and then phone started to just stop working after all. I took my phone to Apple, after concluding there was no water damage and nothing I personally did wrong, they proceeeded to tell me it was a hardware issue that “they couldn’t do anything about” and that they would charge me $549 to replace. I obviously refused, being that I paid $1,200 for an iPhone X and having no prior issues besides the new update, this was just ridiculous!

I am now the fourth individual I personally know, that owns an iPhone X and their phone crashed after the new IOS 14.0.1 update and spent money replacing their perfectly working phone (before the update) to replace it for an iPhone 11.

Oct 7, 2020 5:27 AM in response to Moobag47

Every time my screen locks I have to force quit as described above. My phone is still on and buttons are working but the screen does not recognize any touch. It has happened 3 times in the last 10 days. The force quit works but do I just have to live with it and force quit a couple times a week? Will it just completely stop working one day after doing this force quit 50 times? Is there a way to uninstall OS 14.01 or even 14.0? My phone is less than 2 months old. This problem started after the upgrade to 14.01 not to 14.0

Any information would be helpful.

the screen on my iphone x not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.