You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions password

Hello, I bought an ipad for my son for studying purposes and i put restrictions for him. he is 8 years old.

restrictions have no password and he knows how to remove it.

he is removing the restrictions and downloading applications without my permission, now i took the ipad from him until i figures how to solve this issue, but schools are after a week and they need ipads at school!

any help ??

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 12:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 1:07 AM

I presume that the iPad in question is up to date and running iPadOS13.6.1 - and by way of Restrictions, you are looking to use ScreenTime to control access to certain features/functions.

You’ll need to configure a ScreenTime passcode that is obviously different to the device passcode - and the former needs to be known only to you.

These sections of the online User Guide should help:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2020 1:07 AM in response to huda2Lababidi

I presume that the iPad in question is up to date and running iPadOS13.6.1 - and by way of Restrictions, you are looking to use ScreenTime to control access to certain features/functions.

You’ll need to configure a ScreenTime passcode that is obviously different to the device passcode - and the former needs to be known only to you.

These sections of the online User Guide should help:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

Restrictions password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.