You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

credit vs debit

I don't have a credit card, and the system won't allow me to subscribe with a debit card. Am I screwed?

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 12:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 4:08 AM

Subscriptions require a payment method that allows for automatic periodical charges.

If your debit card is not accepted for this purpose, then you may opt for using account balance on your Apple ID account. You could start a subscription by adding the value of one billing cycle to your Apple ID account. After the trial, subscription fees have to be payed in advance for the upcoming billing period. If you choose to continue with the subscription, then ensure to have enough balance on your Apple ID account on the due day.

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2020 4:08 AM in response to mkane18

Subscriptions require a payment method that allows for automatic periodical charges.

If your debit card is not accepted for this purpose, then you may opt for using account balance on your Apple ID account. You could start a subscription by adding the value of one billing cycle to your Apple ID account. After the trial, subscription fees have to be payed in advance for the upcoming billing period. If you choose to continue with the subscription, then ensure to have enough balance on your Apple ID account on the due day.

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

credit vs debit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.