You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 4 touch screen slow after update to iOS 13.6.1

I use iPad mini 4 with original iOS 10 for playing games and streaming videos.

Recently one of the game server stopped supporting my game score updating, and I have to update the game app (which needs iSO 11 or later) in order to keep the scores. I don't know how to slightly update to iOS 11 or 12. The only option from iTunes is to have iOS 13.6.1.

After I update my iPad mini 4, it seems that the screen sensitivity is much slower than normal. Not only in the fighter plane shooting game app, but also Clash Royale, other games, YouTube and normal Safari web scrolling, which require finger(s) to slide across the touch screen. Web page scrolling seems could not catch up to the speed of my finger tip. For gaming, feels like dragging a boat through mud water. YouTube video would be a bit disturbed about every 10 seconds.

My iPad have 4G of free space, I have deleted those unwanted apps from the iOS update, disabled all the Siri things, disabled all the background app refresh... but the problem still exists.

Is there any way to fix the issue?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 7:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 2:07 PM

Hi there MrWingwing,

We see that you are having some issues with the lagging of response of the display on your iPad. We would love to assist you with resolving this issue.

Here is a resource that may assist you with resolving this issue: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

Also, we have included another article that troubleshoots issues with displays not responding: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

While reviewing this article, pay specific attention to the section titled "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" following step 4.

Hope these steps help!

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2020 2:07 PM in response to MrWingwing

Hi there MrWingwing,

We see that you are having some issues with the lagging of response of the display on your iPad. We would love to assist you with resolving this issue.

Here is a resource that may assist you with resolving this issue: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

Also, we have included another article that troubleshoots issues with displays not responding: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

While reviewing this article, pay specific attention to the section titled "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" following step 4.

Hope these steps help!

Take care.

Sep 6, 2020 8:47 AM in response to MrWingwing

Hey MrWingwing,

We appreciate you for completing that troubleshooting and providing that information about your settings to us.

Based on your previous statement we see that you are mainly seeing this issue while using AssistiveTouch on your iPad.

We see that you have Background App Refresh turned off but let's make sure in your Battery settings that no background activity is running: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

While reviewing this article, check out the section titled "View Battery Usage information" for instructions on how to check for this information.

Also, try turning off the AssistiveTouch accessibility function, restarting your iPhone, and then turning it back on:

Turn off AssistiveTouch: Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart the iPhone: Restart your iPhone

Take care!

Sep 4, 2020 5:32 PM in response to i_rina

My iPad slow response problem still exist, seems like something is busy running in the background which I cannot shut off. To describe the situation, as simple as dragging the AssistiveTouch screen button on the screen (not across the screen but just looping it at a single corner). The floating button just could not keep up to the speed of my finger tip. It keeps on staying in a previous position every half second, then teleport to under my finger tip as I slide, then pause again, then slide..

I checked these settings already:

Bluetooth: off

Notification: no previews

Do Not Disturb: off

Storage: 7GB free space

Background App Refresh: off

iCloud Photos: off

Motion: Reduce Motion on, Cross-Fade off, Auto-play message/video off

Voice/Zoom/Magnifier/Switch Control/Voice Control: off

Siri: all off

Touch ID/Passcode: none

Battery: 100%

Location Service: only for Google Map (while using)

Just updated to iOS 3.7, problem still exist.

Need help, please, thanks.

iPad mini 4 touch screen slow after update to iOS 13.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.