You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email @mac.com

I still use my old email address originally created before 2008 @mac.com but I am unable to receive or send emails but it still works to log into my apple account since it's my primary address.

Is it possible to send & receive email from @mac.com or do I need make changes to my account in order for it to work.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 5:32 PM

Did you use that @mac.com with MobileMe and then to create an iCloud account prior to the fall of 2012? If you did, then enabling iCloud email for that AppleID’s iCloud account will enable the @mac.com alias for that iCloud account.

See -> iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

If you never made an iCloud account with that @mac.com AppleID before the fall of 2012, then it is no longer a useable email address (although will continue to work just fine as an AppleID login ID).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2020 5:32 PM in response to Atkhol

Did you use that @mac.com with MobileMe and then to create an iCloud account prior to the fall of 2012? If you did, then enabling iCloud email for that AppleID’s iCloud account will enable the @mac.com alias for that iCloud account.

See -> iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

If you never made an iCloud account with that @mac.com AppleID before the fall of 2012, then it is no longer a useable email address (although will continue to work just fine as an AppleID login ID).

Email @mac.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.