You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac is showing an update for OS 10.15.6 but when I try to install the update it will not take and the settings icon still reads I have an update ready. How can I get my Mac to actually update to the latest version?

My Mac is showing an update for OS 10.15.6 but when I try to install the update it will not take and the settings icon still reads I have an update ready. How can I get my Mac to actually update to the latest version?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 4:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 6:03 PM

Download and install the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Combo Update. Once this is done and the installation process has completed its reboot, you will likely have another Software Update indication of the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental update pending.

2 replies

Aug 30, 2020 5:52 PM in response to TiAustin

It should happen seamlessly when you follow the steps here: How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

Maybe the installation file for mac OS Catalina that you have already downloaded has errors. Delete it, Re-download it and try again. On your Mac, go to Applications and look for Install macOS Catalina installer file and delete it, empty trash. Shut down your Mac. Reboot. Repeat the steps in the above article.

Do not forget to backup before doing an upgrade!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.