You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White touch bar

Hi,

I've got a problem with my MacBook pro 2017 with touch bar. When I'm turning my laptop on, Touch Bar screen is white. It stays white all the time and I can't see anything on it. When i click on place where escape button is suppoused to be, button works, but everything is still white. Couple months ago I had the same problem and i reseted SMC and NVRAM and it helped, but now it's all white again and neither resetting SMC, or NVRAM works.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 5:42 PM

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the Touch Bar issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2020 5:42 PM in response to krzysztof123

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the Touch Bar issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Aug 30, 2020 6:07 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you for your answer. This is what I did:

First I opened Activity monitor, and then I noticed that, on CPU, and memory tab there wasn't such a process as TouchBarServer, but it was on disk tab. I killed it from disk tab and the process started to appear on both CPU and memory tab. Then I went to terminal and I did

sudo killall ControlStrip

and

sudo pkill TouchBarServer

then i reseted my MacBook and turned it on safe mode and TouchBar appeared!

It was working for couple minutes, then it blinked and now its all white again. I think this might be some software related issue. I will try to wipe out my disk and install MacOS Catalina again.

White touch bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.