You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard shortcut for changing windows of the same app

Dear all

I've this silly question, but it's driving me crazy. I know that if I want to change app, I have to do cmd+tab. But I cannot find the keyboard shortcut for changing windows of the same app. Let's say: I have two Numbers files open in two windows and I have to do some copy&paste between them, I cannot do cmd+tab because they are of the same app, I can make it through app exposé (using the trackpad or pressing cntr+F3) but it not comfortable at all. I did some searches on the web but I did not find anything.

Is there somebody who can help me please?

Thanks

Carlo

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 12:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 12:49 PM

It's definitely not a silly question at all. This frustrated for me for years knowing that MS Windows has always had this feature (control + tab there) until I finally figure out that Mac has always had it too.

So just to clarify what's already been pointed out, it's the ` ("grave") key which is the one with the tick on the same key as the ~ on US/UK English Mac keyboards.

Also, Shift + Command + ` cycles backwards.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2020 12:49 PM in response to McViga

It's definitely not a silly question at all. This frustrated for me for years knowing that MS Windows has always had this feature (control + tab there) until I finally figure out that Mac has always had it too.

So just to clarify what's already been pointed out, it's the ` ("grave") key which is the one with the tick on the same key as the ~ on US/UK English Mac keyboards.

Also, Shift + Command + ` cycles backwards.

keyboard shortcut for changing windows of the same app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.