You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring iTunes library

I have a windows computer that I wanted to transfer my iTunes library from to my new MacBook Pro. I am a first time Mac user so I’m clueless really when it comes to the MacBook. Anyway, I watched a YouTube video on how to transfer my iTunes files:

consolidate, Copy. Paste on usb, plug in to Mac.

some files appeared in the macs music but many did not transfer. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 2:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 5:22 AM

hjpointers wrote:

I have a windows computer that I wanted to transfer my iTunes library from to my new MacBook Pro. I am a first time Mac user so I’m clueless really when it comes to the MacBook. Anyway, I watched a YouTube video on how to transfer my iTunes files:

some files appeared in the macs music but many did not transfer. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

Download Windows Migration Assistant v2.0.5.0 - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 2, 2020 5:22 AM in response to hjpointers

hjpointers wrote:

Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

Download Windows Migration Assistant v2.0.5.0 - Apple Support

Transferring iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.