You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enter my own market method to Apple ID when my account is family shared

My Apple ID is part of a family (in which I’m an adult) but I want to enter my own credit card, for my use only, to pay for some apps. I can’t find the way to do that without my card to be seen (and possibly be used) by the rest of the family

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 3:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 7:43 AM

As ckuan has suggested, buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email.     

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

6 replies

Sep 2, 2020 3:45 AM in response to ckuan

But if I’ll leave my family subscription in Apple Music will be lost. Same about Apple TV+, I can’t believe that in 2020 if someone is in a family Apple ID he can’t live a private life and use its own Credit card without the need to pay back his parents the amounts of his probers expenses. Are you absolutely sure that there is no way to enter an individual payment card?

How to enter my own market method to Apple ID when my account is family shared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.