You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cannot get icloud to add to my outlook email after changing my password

i uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot add outlook mail for icloud or me

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 11:16 AM

ok you were right, the instructions irritating. The user specific password worked! No body with att, microsoft, or apple knew this!

Spend many a day talking to the experts, really sucks, that things or so dismantled.

3 replies

Sep 4, 2020 10:07 AM in response to bkennedy39

Hello bkennedy39,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you are unable to add your iCloud account to Outlook. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. We're happy to help!

We recommend taking a look at this resource on generating app-specific passwords. In order to sign in to your iCloud email on Outlook you have to generate a one-time app specific password.

Using app-specific passwords

Have a great day!

Sep 4, 2020 10:21 AM in response to Nicholas_B2

I'm already signed in to my Apple account so I don't know why I would need a specific password it says it's not necessary the problem is I just can't log into Outlook with the bkennedy39 @iCloud.com it won't let me do it but I am logged into outlook on my laptop as well as iCloud it always worked before I change my password now it will not except any passwords and I know the correct password for my Apple ID it also will not work with the bkennedy39@me.com which is always been the same same password as the iCloud email are you saying even though I'm able to login my iCloud and Apple online that I need a different password for the outlook all my other emails in Outlookwork

i cannot get icloud to add to my outlook email after changing my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.