You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two iPads and I am going to give one to my granddaughter. It has already been backed up on iCloud. How do I transfer that back up to my newer iPad?

I have two iPads and I am giving one to my granddaughter. I have info on both. The older one is already backed up to iCloud. How do I retrieve this data to my newer iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 7:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 7:54 PM

To restore your iCloud backup to your new iPad, see:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Then, for the iPad you are giving to your granddaughter see the "Remove your personal information from your old device" section in:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2020 7:54 PM in response to GrammyJean

To restore your iCloud backup to your new iPad, see:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Then, for the iPad you are giving to your granddaughter see the "Remove your personal information from your old device" section in:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I have two iPads and I am going to give one to my granddaughter. It has already been backed up on iCloud. How do I transfer that back up to my newer iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.