You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My storage is 128 gb. Why my icloud is 5 gb?

My storage is 128gb. Why my icloud is only 5gb?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 7:00 AM

Your iPhone device storage is fixed at 128 GB.

iCloud storage which is associated with each Apple ID - can be upgraded from the free 5 GB to the monthly billed 50 GB, 200 GB or 2 TB.

To know more about: iCloud https://www.apple.com/icloud/

and iPhone storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2020 7:00 AM in response to Wisyah

Your iPhone device storage is fixed at 128 GB.

iCloud storage which is associated with each Apple ID - can be upgraded from the free 5 GB to the monthly billed 50 GB, 200 GB or 2 TB.

To know more about: iCloud https://www.apple.com/icloud/

and iPhone storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 4, 2020 7:53 AM in response to Wisyah

I don't like to use the actual iPhone's storage. I like to keep all of my data stored in iCloud, because if my old Apple device breaks, and I have to get a new one, I don't want to have to do all of the verification on the old Apple device. I have been there before. My iPhone 5c broke, and I got the iPhone 6. The screen on the iPhone 5c wasn't responding to touch, and the issue was that I saved all photos to the iPhone instead of iCloud, and so I lost all of my old stuff. I know I could've transferred it by plugging the iPhone 5c into my iMac, but for some reason I had to enter information on the iPhone, which I couldn't do. So I really think Apple should increase the free storage from 5gb to... let's say, 10gb?

My storage is 128 gb. Why my icloud is 5 gb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.