You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Catalina 10.5.6

The latest version of iTunes will not install on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.6. When I attempt to install the app I get a message saying my machine needs to be running macOS 10.10.5 or earlier. Has Apple pulled the plug on iTunes without telling anyone?

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 1:59 PM

Catalina no longer supports iTunes, as explained in: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

"With macOS Catalina, your iTunes media library is now available in the Apple Music app, Apple TV app, Apple Books app, and Apple Podcasts app. And Finder is where you can manage and sync content on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2020 1:59 PM in response to lcanney

Catalina no longer supports iTunes, as explained in: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

"With macOS Catalina, your iTunes media library is now available in the Apple Music app, Apple TV app, Apple Books app, and Apple Podcasts app. And Finder is where you can manage and sync content on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

Sep 4, 2020 2:30 PM in response to lcanney

lcanney wrote:
According to this link, if I want to purchase music through iTunes, I have to use a Windows PC.

If you want to purchase music, use the Music Application:

"All of your music is now in the Apple Music app

The Apple Music app is where you can find all of your music, including music that you imported in to iTunes, purchased from the iTunes Store, and playlists and smart playlists that you created in iTunes. And if you subscribe to Apple Music, you can stream and download millions of songs, and access your entire music library across all of your devices."

BTW: Why isn't this stated in the iTunes download information?

It is stated in: Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support

iTunes for Catalina 10.5.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.