You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages cannot assign shortcut for paragraph style

I am trying to define keyboard shortcut for my paragraph style. When I go to my paragraph style and hover over shortcut, all the options turn gray and I am not able to assign to any of F1-F8.

I am using the latest Pages available for my Mac. Any solution for this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 11:55 PM

What works here is:

1-Select text with the style to which you want to assign a keyboard shortcut:

2-Click the downward-pointing triangle at the right to show the style list and hover over the > next to your style:

3-Assign a shortcut:

Now selecting text and hitting F1 will apply that style to a paragraph.

SG

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2020 11:55 PM in response to zhongzachary

What works here is:

1-Select text with the style to which you want to assign a keyboard shortcut:

2-Click the downward-pointing triangle at the right to show the style list and hover over the > next to your style:

3-Assign a shortcut:

Now selecting text and hitting F1 will apply that style to a paragraph.

SG

Sep 12, 2020 12:39 PM in response to SGIII

Sorry, maybe I didn't state it clearer in my question. The options F1-F8 gray out, so I was not able to select any of them.

Please note that I created a lot of custom paragraph styles when I was making this document. That may cause the shortcut options to gray out (a bug maybe?). Fortunately, I was able to resolve this issue by creating a custom template and create a new Pages using that template.

Pages cannot assign shortcut for paragraph style

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.