You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new USB-C to USB adapter doesn't seem to be working.

My new USB-C to USB adapter doesn't seem to be working. It is not recognized and nothing happens when I plug in a USB device (dongle for a mouse/travel disk, etc.). Any suggestions?

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 11:47 AM

Contact the manufacturer or the vendor for help unless it's an Apple product. In the case of the latter:

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. To arrange a return for repair or replacement: Mac Repair.
  2. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  3. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  4. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  5. Starting  an  online  chat  with  Apple  Support.
  6. Apple  Support  using  Twitter

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 5, 2020 11:47 AM in response to RJRoche22

Contact the manufacturer or the vendor for help unless it's an Apple product. In the case of the latter:

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. To arrange a return for repair or replacement: Mac Repair.
  2. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  3. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  4. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  5. Starting  an  online  chat  with  Apple  Support.
  6. Apple  Support  using  Twitter

My new USB-C to USB adapter doesn't seem to be working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.