You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Liquid Damage

If I were to repair a liquid damaged 13” MacBook Pro with Touch Bar how much would I cost? It’s a 4 port, 512 GB, i5 computer so I’m assuming it’s going to be expensive. The computer doesn’t turn on or anything so I think they would have to replace everything. Do they discount a replacement or try to repair it? Thank you.

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 8:57 PM

Hi,

Try to contact with Apple Repair and ask about the cost.

I think it would be expensive as you think.

https://support.apple.com/repair

2 replies

Sep 5, 2020 9:05 PM in response to Ali_H_

We are not Apple, but rather end users like you. We cannot answer that, especially on a computer we can neither see nor touch. Repair cost also vary with where you are in the world, and these are international English-language forums.

The majority of MacBook Pros that get wet, depending on the type of liquid, eventually fail completely. Immediately put your homeowners'/renters' insurance carrier on notice of a potential loss. That is likely the only financial relief you will get unless you bought AppleCare+ with your Mac.

MacBook Pro Liquid Damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.