You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No subject emails with garble in body of email

I am receiving emails with “No Subject” in the subject line and in the body of the email there is , for the most part, garble or just letters and sometimes a word. It comes from one person and does have links attached to it. I have not opened them up and delete the email. Is this something I should be worried about and would it be coming from my email or the person sending the email?. My girls say it’s a bot email coming from a robot. How would I correct it?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 7:04 AM

Block that particular contact: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229

2 replies

Oct 8, 2020 1:26 PM in response to Stellabarbara1191958

In the last 3 months I also have received emails with garbled letters for the most part and attachments that are garbled at the end of the email. They are from people I know, and only a few emails from them appear this way. Apple Mail and Spark (macOS, iOS, and iPadOS) cannot render them correctly, but Thunderbird can, and they are legit. This could be a problem unrelated to a malevolent sender. I have yet to figure out why some but not all emails from these two senders appear this way, but I suspect it has to do with their Windows email client and the way emails are encoded on their end. It's always a problem with emails to lists of people, by the way -- lists of people who belong to the organizations.

Do these descriptions fit your situation, Stellabarbara?

No subject emails with garble in body of email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.