You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slight delay when I type

I have a 3 week old 27" iMac with 72 gb ram. For the last day or so whenever I type I have a slight delay, which is annoying because I type so fast. It lags behind just a little. How can I fix this? The keyboard is fully charged. (I did notice that when I plug in the lightening cable (to my keyboard) that the response time is good.)

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 6:33 PM

This seemed to fix it.... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251209109

To everyone having this problem the reason seems to be in the Bluetooth modules.

Here is a solution (maybe temporary) but you can repeat it every time you experience this issue.

In "System Preferences->BlueTooth" check the box "show in menu bar".

Hold shift and option and click bluetooth icon on menu bar. You will see a more detailed menu now with a new entry debug.

What I did was

1- Factory Rest all apple devices

2- Reset the Bluetooth module

3- Remove all devices.

4- Reconnect all devices.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2020 6:33 PM in response to WebDevGuy

This seemed to fix it.... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251209109

To everyone having this problem the reason seems to be in the Bluetooth modules.

Here is a solution (maybe temporary) but you can repeat it every time you experience this issue.

In "System Preferences->BlueTooth" check the box "show in menu bar".

Hold shift and option and click bluetooth icon on menu bar. You will see a more detailed menu now with a new entry debug.

What I did was

1- Factory Rest all apple devices

2- Reset the Bluetooth module

3- Remove all devices.

4- Reconnect all devices.

Sep 6, 2020 6:41 PM in response to WebDevGuy

What is happening with connecting the Keyboard up Lighting Cable is that it is not using the Bluetooth Connection it is more or less a USB Connection so the lag time for the Bluetooth Connection is not a factor. Also if you delete the Keyboard connection you can connect the Lighting Cable and turn on the Keyboard and it will configure a connection for your system automatically.

Slight delay when I type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.