You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add storage to my iPad

How can I can I add storage to my ipad?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 3:29 PM

Expanding a bit on the above: You can't add storage to your iPad. I would recommend you make sure your iOS is up to date and you review this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206504

You have options.

3 replies

Sep 6, 2020 3:33 PM in response to Communitiesuser99

The internal storage capacity of your chosen iPad model is fixed during manufacture - and cannot be changed, expanded or upgraded.

iCloud, this being your “cloud” storage, is somewhat different. You can subscribe to different storage plans as your needs change - but increasing your iCloud storage makes no difference to the fixed internal storage (used for Apps and locally stored data) of your iPad. iCloud is effectively a synchronisation service and backup for your locally stored data.

If you have filled your local storage, your only option is to delete either installed Apps - or local data.

You may find this support page to be helpful in providing more information and guidance:

About storage on your device and in iCloud – Apple Support

How can I add storage to my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.