You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HLS movie downloads from iTunes.

I am currently living in an area with very slow internet. We are not able to stream our purchased iTunes movies because of the internet speed. As a result, I have been downloading all of our purchased movies and storing them on my external hard drive because the internal storage on my MacBook Air is limited. All was going just fine until one of our movies downloaded as an HLS file instead of m4v. I copied it into my external hard drive and deleted it from the Apple TV library (as I have done with all the others). Now I cannot even access the movie to watch it. When I double-click the file, my Macbook opens the Apple TV app but nothing happens. I tried transferring the file back to the TV app but all it did was create a crazy long playlist that doesn't play. This is very frustrating, it took 12 hours to download this movie. What can I do to get around this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 5:31 AM

Try this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251048794

Similar questions

1 reply

HLS movie downloads from iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.