You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hardware coverage

I bought new MBP retina 16" touchbar yesterday (10 Sept 2020) in Apple's Authorized Reseller when I insert my SN to check my hardware coverage, the SN is correct but appeared "Purchase Date not Validated", Please update your product purchase date by following the link, and then I insert my purchase date but always appeared "We’re sorry, but we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again later." I have tried several times, until this day (11 Sept 2020) still can't validate the purchase date...why???

what i'll asking now, is it automatically validate itself OR we must validate by ourself? FYI when I bought it I receive paperless purchase detail that include detail purchase and insurance for my device by email, is it good enough for warranty claim? but I can't know my Apple warranty is....?

thx

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 4:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 4:33 AM

You won't want to wait until you have a warranty-issue to fix this so it's important to get this fixed right away.

If you contact Apple directly you can provide your receipt or invoice from an authorized reseller and they can update your date of purchase in their system to reflect your actual purchase date.

2 replies

hardware coverage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.