You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted a lot of photos from my laptop without knowing they would be eliminated from all my apple devices. Can these be recovered by technitions and be brought up on my iMac desk comput

I deleted all the photos from my iPhone several months ago without realizing they would delete from all my apple devices. Can these be recovered and uploaded to be put on a flashdrive?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 9:21 AM

clmc2020 wrote:

I deleted all the photos from my iPhone

Title says "I deleted a lot of photos from my laptop"

There is a mismatch between title and body of your post.

Nevertheless, if you have deleted photos from Mac/PC then that means they were only synced to your iPhone and any resent would have deleted from other devices. If you have Mac backup on Time machine try getting it from there.

If you have deleted photos from iPhone and if you had iCloud photos turned on then I am sorry they are all gone.

If you did not have iCloud Photos turned on then you may get it from iTunes backup.

The question is when did you backup on iTunes and when did you delete...Read on...

Let us assume...

Date1 : Backup date

Date2 : Photo Deletion Date

Date3 : Current Date / Restoration Date

Given that --> Date1 < Date2 < Date3 

1. Risk of restoring on Date3: You may lose data between the Date1 & Date 3
  2. If Date1 > Date2 then everything is gone, I am sorry.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 12, 2020 9:21 AM in response to clmc2020

clmc2020 wrote:

I deleted all the photos from my iPhone

Title says "I deleted a lot of photos from my laptop"

There is a mismatch between title and body of your post.

Nevertheless, if you have deleted photos from Mac/PC then that means they were only synced to your iPhone and any resent would have deleted from other devices. If you have Mac backup on Time machine try getting it from there.

If you have deleted photos from iPhone and if you had iCloud photos turned on then I am sorry they are all gone.

If you did not have iCloud Photos turned on then you may get it from iTunes backup.

The question is when did you backup on iTunes and when did you delete...Read on...

Let us assume...

Date1 : Backup date

Date2 : Photo Deletion Date

Date3 : Current Date / Restoration Date

Given that --> Date1 < Date2 < Date3 

1. Risk of restoring on Date3: You may lose data between the Date1 & Date 3
  2. If Date1 > Date2 then everything is gone, I am sorry.

I deleted a lot of photos from my laptop without knowing they would be eliminated from all my apple devices. Can these be recovered by technitions and be brought up on my iMac desk comput

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.