You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard for iPad Pro not work in Spanish.

I brought a magic keyboard in US English edition. Meanwhile, I set my keyboard in English & Spanish in my iPad. When I am using the magic keyboard to type in Spanish, it cannot work properly. eg. I cannot type in letter like ñ, é, í,á,ú,ó with the magic keyboard. But when I remove the magic keyboard or just use the keyboard on the screen of the iPad. It can be typed in.

I have communicated with the apple tech team in China. They said that the US English edition of the magic keyboard cannot support the Spanish, which I thought it was ridiculous! I have brought a magic keyboard for my Mac, which also designed &produced by apple. It works very well in any language. How can it be called as a keyboard, if it doesn’t support the most popular languages?

Does any one knows how to setting? Or do you have the same problem? Have you settled it?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 11:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 3:13 AM

Gracias.

Finally I found the solution on how to solve this problem. You need go to the settings - general - keyboard - physical keyboard, and you will find that there is Spanish(automatically) keyboard, click this option and switch to Spanish(Spain) or Spanish(latinoamericano).

Then you will find that the magic keyboard now support the Spanish.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2020 3:13 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Gracias.

Finally I found the solution on how to solve this problem. You need go to the settings - general - keyboard - physical keyboard, and you will find that there is Spanish(automatically) keyboard, click this option and switch to Spanish(Spain) or Spanish(latinoamericano).

Then you will find that the magic keyboard now support the Spanish.

Sep 13, 2020 2:30 AM in response to 腾240

腾240 wrote:

When I am using the magic keyboard to type in Spanish, it cannot work properly. eg. I cannot type in letter like ñ, é, í,á,ú,ó with the magic keyboard.

You should have no problem typing all those letters using the standard Apple keyboard shortcuts, such as option e, then e to get é, or option n, then n to get ñ. Here is a list

https://sites.psu.edu/symbolcodes/mac/codemac/

An alternative would be to set your Hardware Keyboard setting to Spanish ISO. Then your keys will behave as if you were using a Spanish hardware keyboard.

Apple has not yet provided the press and hold popup accent menu for iOS hardware keyboards. To ask them to add that feature, go to

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Magic keyboard for iPad Pro not work in Spanish.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.