You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can erase restriction code in my ipad?

I forgot 4 digit code of restriction seting in General setings on my ipad-2. How can reset it?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 3:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 3:36 AM

Your only option is to boot the iPad 2 into recovery mode, plug it into a computer such as a Mac or a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed) and then you will be offered to erase it. That is the only way to get rid of the restriction since the 4-digit passcode has been forgotten.

These instructions are for if you have forgotten the screen passcode, but the process is 100% the same for a forgotten parental or screen time restriction:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2020 3:36 AM in response to mikestoika

Your only option is to boot the iPad 2 into recovery mode, plug it into a computer such as a Mac or a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed) and then you will be offered to erase it. That is the only way to get rid of the restriction since the 4-digit passcode has been forgotten.

These instructions are for if you have forgotten the screen passcode, but the process is 100% the same for a forgotten parental or screen time restriction:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Sep 13, 2020 6:33 AM in response to mikestoika

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode (previously known as the Restrictions passcode), one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime (Restrictions) passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

I hope this information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

how can erase restriction code in my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.