You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air with 2 monitors

I have the 2020 Macbook AIR and want to use it with two monitors and have them work in extended mode. How do it i make it work?i have a WD19TB Dell docking station to use with it but it still does not work. I have followed the instruction below as well.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln320770/dell-thunderbolt-dock-wd19tb-and-apple-usb-c-hosts?lang=en#Dual_Monitor

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 5:43 AM

Is it even compatible with two monitors?

The 2020 MacBook Air can support up to two displays at 4K (or one at 6K or 5K).

FWIW, docks from Brydge, Elgato, OWC, Kensington and Belkin generally work well with Macs.

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 3, 2020 7:39 AM in response to neuroanatomist

I can't get my 2020 MacBook Air to work with two displays connected to Raidsonic's IB-DK2512 TB3 docking station. Only one monitor is recognized. However:

• 2018 MacBook Pro works flawlessly with two displays
  • Second monitor connected to the MacBook Air's other Thunderbolt Port with an HDMI dongle works.

It seems that this might be based on the lack of "Alt Mode" or "MFDP" support in the MacBook Air. I'd be happy if someone could confirm this. Extra points for suggesting a solution (product) that works.

Sep 21, 2020 5:40 AM in response to Jaiganesh14

Confirm that one display is connected to the dock's TB3 port (via a USB-C to HDMI/DP adapter if needed). What is happening when you connect the dock? Note that the displays should be powered on and connected to the dock before you connect the dock to your Mac. Once you've done that, what does the Arrangements tab look like in System Preferences > Displays (a screenshot, Command-Shift-5, would help)?

Macbook air with 2 monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.