You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't I have a an iCloud trash icon on my iMac?

I' have been having a lot of screwy email problems and today noticed that on my iMac I have no trash icon for iCloud trash in Mail under the trash link in the sidebar. I have a trash icon for all of my email accounts but iCloud. I don't know when this started since I rarely expand the trash icon. My wife shows an iCloud trash icon on her iMac. Since I'm having some weird reappearance of emails and some multiples of the same email on my iPad Pro in different mailboxes, I wonder if this could be part of the issue. Regardless, I want to see my iCloud trash on my iMac. How do I get it to show?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 9:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 2:31 PM

Have you checked Mail/Preferences/Accounts/iCloud/Mailbox Behaviors/Trash Mailbox to make sure it is set to Trash.

1 reply

Why don't I have a an iCloud trash icon on my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.