You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very complex issue with my Apple ID

I want to log into my old Apple ID because I want to retrieve some data. However, I cannot log into it now because there are no other devices logged into it now, and the SIM card of the trusted phone number has been destroyed. I have tried to use Account Recovery, however Apple said that they have sent instructions to the unusable trusted phone number, and now I have no options left. What should I do?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 3:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:15 AM

If you can. then put the sim card of the trusted phone number into any working phone.

If you can't use that phone number, during account recovery you shuld be able to select "can't use this number"

And then you just have to complete account recovery:

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support

If you are still unable to start account recovery you migth wan't to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

They might be able to guide you trough the steps over the phone.

Good luck!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 7:15 AM in response to ElectronicVan

If you can. then put the sim card of the trusted phone number into any working phone.

If you can't use that phone number, during account recovery you shuld be able to select "can't use this number"

And then you just have to complete account recovery:

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support

If you are still unable to start account recovery you migth wan't to:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

They might be able to guide you trough the steps over the phone.

Good luck!

Sep 14, 2020 11:32 AM in response to ElectronicVan

Not necessary the account recovery is to be done every time , if one remember the old trusted number ( say 1234.... ) that is inactive , the person can visit the cellular service give his identification proof and issue a sim on behalf of the same number and insert the sim https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/iphone/iph3f11fba92/ios in new iPhone that is purchasedhttps://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/iphone/iph1fd7e482f/ios

The Apple ID and password is active so is the 2FA active on the iCloud server , once a new trusted number is added the code will start appearing on the new trusted number , and the person can access the account .

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974

Once the account is activated with new number , delete the old trusted number from the account .

Add or remove an SMS number

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. In the Security section, click Edit.
  3. Click Add a Trusted Phone Number. 
  4. To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text. 
  5. To remove a number, click  next to the phone number you want to remove. 

Very complex issue with my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.