You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message Stuck in Outbox

Hi Everyone,

I've recently had problem's e-mailing attachments specifically video as it get's stuck in my outbox. Normally, I click on a video, e-mail it and if the file is big, it gets delivered via maildrop and everything worked fine until a few days ago.

Now, it gets stuck in my outbox and I have no way of sending it. I've googled and tried a ton of different options but nothing has worked.

Anyone have any idea?

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 5:58 AM

Attachments might not be sent using Mail Drop if they exceed these limits:

• The message, including its attachments, is larger than 5 GB. Try sending the contents of your message in multiple email messages or compressing your attachments to make them as small as possible.
  • An uncompressed folder is attached to the message. Use these steps to compress your attachments.
  • Too many messages have been sent or the maximum number of recipients has been exceeded. Learn about mailbox size and message sending limits.
  • You reached the 1 TB Mail Drop storage limit. Each attachment expires after 30 days, so you can send new attachments after earlier attachments expire and more storage becomes available.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 5:58 AM in response to BrianSingh

Attachments might not be sent using Mail Drop if they exceed these limits:

• The message, including its attachments, is larger than 5 GB. Try sending the contents of your message in multiple email messages or compressing your attachments to make them as small as possible.
  • An uncompressed folder is attached to the message. Use these steps to compress your attachments.
  • Too many messages have been sent or the maximum number of recipients has been exceeded. Learn about mailbox size and message sending limits.
  • You reached the 1 TB Mail Drop storage limit. Each attachment expires after 30 days, so you can send new attachments after earlier attachments expire and more storage becomes available.

Sep 14, 2020 6:05 AM in response to BrianSingh

If you can't send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

Message Stuck in Outbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.