You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app for Mac (Catalina) won't let me watch CBS all access.

Apple TV app for Mac (Catalina) won't let me watch CBS all access, even though I show as subscribed in my account settings, it just asks me to sign up. won't play content. It works fine on ATV hardware version.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 8:51 AM

CBS All Access through the separate CBS All Access app is a different kind of subscription that is not exchangeable with the subscription for the Apple TV app Channel CBS All Access. Could it be that you have the CBS All Access app on your Apple TV box? You may have to make a choice for one or the other.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 8:51 AM in response to bytorsbite

CBS All Access through the separate CBS All Access app is a different kind of subscription that is not exchangeable with the subscription for the Apple TV app Channel CBS All Access. Could it be that you have the CBS All Access app on your Apple TV box? You may have to make a choice for one or the other.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Oct 20, 2020 1:34 PM in response to bytorsbite

I had the same problem - could not get the CBS app to recognize my apple account and finally figured out a solution.

go to www.CBS.com/apple/ which is the account mgmt page where you can verify your Apple TV channel subscription. Then I went to the CBS app in settings and when it asked me to login I used webpage and got a code from the tv which I entered into the website and voila! Success. Finally.

Apple TV app for Mac (Catalina) won't let me watch CBS all access.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.