You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot passcode old iphone 6plus

My child is going to use my old iphone 6plus. Apparently there is a 4 digit restriction passcode that I've forgotten which means I can't find the app store to upload a calculator app she want for school. This phone can only go to ios 12.4.8. I'd like to just erase the whole phone, but I can't do anything except use the apps that were there before. I can't make any changes. I'm willing to erase the phone and start over. It doesn't give me the option to reset the password. Is there anyway to do this from another device? Help!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 3:14 PM

IdahoCynthia wrote:

My child is going to use my old iphone 6plus. Apparently there is a 4 digit restriction passcode that I've forgotten which means I can't find the app store to upload a calculator app she want for school. This phone can only go to ios 12.4.8. I'd like to just erase the whole phone, but I can't do anything except use the apps that were there before. I can't make any changes. I'm willing to erase the phone and start over. It doesn't give me the option to reset the password. Is there anyway to do this from another device? Help!

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 3:14 PM in response to IdahoCynthia

IdahoCynthia wrote:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

forgot passcode old iphone 6plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.