You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First time backing up to icloud

I’ve had this phone for about a year. iPhone 7 Plus . It’s taking several hours , like 8 now and still calculating,, to back up I guess everything into the iCloud. This is the first time I ever tried using iCloud. But I only have pictures and videos. No music . Is it normal to take so long?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 5:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 5:42 PM

Follow this link

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203977

and make sure you have a good internet connection!

good luck!

3 replies

Sep 14, 2020 5:41 PM in response to Whatsreallygoing

Music is never included in an iCloud backup. And if you sync photos and videos to iCloud they will not be included in the backup. The time it will take depends on your upload speed. And it will only back up when connected to Wi-Fi, not over cellular data.

Further, you must leave it plugged in until the backup is complete, because Wi-Fi turns off when the phone locks unless it is plugged in.

First time backing up to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.