You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When writing in Goodnotes 5 or the notes app by apple Apple Pencil skips

Hi,

So I have an iPad 12.9 2020 version and as of late my Apple Pencil when writing skips around and spurts out dots and long lines randomly. I got my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil in May of this year. I already changed out my tips many times and check if it's screwed on tightly. I've redownloaded Goodnote suspecting maybe it was the app that had some bugs but that was that not the cause. I've also turned of zoom settings on my iPad. I'm not sure what else to do.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 10:50 AM

Hello,

I repaired my Apple Pencil however the problem is still occurring in both apps. All of my devices are updated to iOS 13.7. I’m not sure what else to do considering I’ve recently got this brand new pencil 3 months ago.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 15, 2020 4:07 PM in response to ticia19

Hey there, Ticia.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about the issue you're seeing with your Apple Pencil in a few note taking apps on your iPad. We'd be glad to see what we can do to help you out with that.

It sounds like you've completed some great steps on your own before posting. Something we might want to do is unpair and the re-pair your Apple Pencil. Follow the steps in the "If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad" section of Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro to complete that process. While the name of the section might seem a bit confusing, it's got the steps we need to take. After completing that, try the Apple Pencil in both apps and let us know if the issue is totally solved, happening in only one app, or happening in both apps still.

Something else you may want to check is the software version of your iPad, as it could be ready for an update. To check that, go to Settings > General > Software Update, and if one is present, follow the steps in Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Thanks!

When writing in Goodnotes 5 or the notes app by apple Apple Pencil skips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.