You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix unexpected shutdown on my phone?

How to fix my phone?problem is unexpected shutdown

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 5:09 PM

See this Apple support article—>If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen – Apple Support

After it starts go to Settings/General/iPhone storage. If it has less than 1 GB free that may be the cause of the problem.

Also check Settings/Battery - Battery Health. If it is below 80% or displays a message saying the battery is not working well the battery needs to be replaced, and it can also cause this problem. Apple will replace the battery for $49.

If this is a recurring problem and is neither of the above your phone may have a hardware problem. A phone that old probably isn’t worth repairing.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2020 5:09 PM in response to BebeApryl

See this Apple support article—>If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen – Apple Support

After it starts go to Settings/General/iPhone storage. If it has less than 1 GB free that may be the cause of the problem.

Also check Settings/Battery - Battery Health. If it is below 80% or displays a message saying the battery is not working well the battery needs to be replaced, and it can also cause this problem. Apple will replace the battery for $49.

If this is a recurring problem and is neither of the above your phone may have a hardware problem. A phone that old probably isn’t worth repairing.

How to fix unexpected shutdown on my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.