You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 13.1.2 first few Favourites icons don't show

I've been facing this issue from a few days into Catalina update (about 3-4 months now). Whenever I open a new tab or safari, the bookmarks (favourites) icons don't show up. I've tried reseting cache from develop menu but it did not fix it. I've had to format my os once recently, that did not solve it as well! as soon as my bookmarks were fetched from my account, the problem came back! Pressing the "Show Less" followed by "Show More" (aka collapsing and reopening) does fix the problem but opening a new tab the issue reappears.

Thing is, only the first few rows are not shown for some reason which is very annoying as most of the quick bookmarks are supposed to be there.

any help with this is much appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 3:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 3:41 AM

As I made this post, I was clearing out the bookmarks, it seems I had too many bookmarks(?) I don't know if thats a thing but clearing most of them and restarting safari apparently fixed the issue.

1 reply

Safari 13.1.2 first few Favourites icons don't show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.