You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have all of my photos on my Mac but the albums I created have disappeared, also half the photos I marked favourite have no longer been marked - help?

I have all of my photos on my Mac but the albums I created have disappeared, also half the photos I marked favourite have no longer been marked - help?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 4:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:52 AM

Can you please provide more background information? What has changed before it no longer worked? What happened directly before the albums disappeared?

Did you install a system update? Did you enable iCloud Photos? Did you move your Photos Library to a different volume?

Sometimes it looks like albums or photos have vanished, because you accidentally opened an older version of your Photos Library.

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos again. When the Library chooser dialog appears, release the options key ⌥ and select your main Photos Library.

Are you now seeing your albums again? If not try all libraries in turn from the Library chooser dialog.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2020 7:52 AM in response to lostalbums

Can you please provide more background information? What has changed before it no longer worked? What happened directly before the albums disappeared?

Did you install a system update? Did you enable iCloud Photos? Did you move your Photos Library to a different volume?

Sometimes it looks like albums or photos have vanished, because you accidentally opened an older version of your Photos Library.

• Quit Photos, if it is running.
  • Hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos again. When the Library chooser dialog appears, release the options key ⌥ and select your main Photos Library.

Are you now seeing your albums again? If not try all libraries in turn from the Library chooser dialog.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.