You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings - Verification Failed

My IPhone X gave me a red exclamation mark notice. When I went to settings it says some Apple ID settings must be reverified. I enter my ID and password, but it says verification has failed. I am absolutely entering the correct id and password - I logged in fine from both my PC's web browser and my IPad with that exact same ID and Password - checked it a half dozen times.

Any ideas?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 8:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Have you done a factory reset?

Some other things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

3 replies

Sep 16, 2020 1:00 PM in response to ronfromsammamish

I'm holding off on the factory reset for now as it's not convenient. I realize it may come to that. I had already tried restarts and forced restarts multiple times.

I don't have other WiFi, but I just turned off WiFi and used LTE. No difference.

I'll give it a day or so in case some network or server glitch. If no joy, I will bite the bullet and do the factory reset. I do have automatic backups to iCloud at least so it shouldn't be too painful.

Update Apple ID Settings - Verification Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.