You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri doesn't announce messages on AirPods Pro after iOS 14 update

Hi there

Am I the only one having issues with Siri no longer reading my messages aloud on my AirPods after updating to iOS 14?

I've toggled it off and on, but still no change...

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 10:16 AM

Hello peter.funch,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are having an issue with Siri announcing messages on your AirPods, and are happy to help you find some information.

"You might need to reset your AirPods if you can't connect to them, if they won't charge, or to fix a different issue" Here is a link to assist you.

Reset your AirPods

We would also suggest taking a look at:

Announce Messages with Siri on AirPods

If you are still having an issue after reviewing the above links, please let us know.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2020 10:16 AM in response to peter.funch

Hello peter.funch,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are having an issue with Siri announcing messages on your AirPods, and are happy to help you find some information.

"You might need to reset your AirPods if you can't connect to them, if they won't charge, or to fix a different issue" Here is a link to assist you.

Reset your AirPods

We would also suggest taking a look at:

Announce Messages with Siri on AirPods

If you are still having an issue after reviewing the above links, please let us know.

Have a great day!

Siri doesn't announce messages on AirPods Pro after iOS 14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.